Chicken Lettuce Wraps
2 T. sesame oil, divided 1 c. mushrooms, chopped 1 lb. ground chicken 2 garlic cloves, minced 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
2 T. hoisin sauce 2 T. teriyaki sauce 1 T. coconut aminos 1 t. rice wine vinegar 1 t. ground ginger 1 t. cornstarch 1 T. Siracha sauce or chili garlic sauce (to taste, optional)
1 head bibb or butter lettuce, separated into leaves 2 small green onions, sliced
- In a medium wok or skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Add the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened (about 5 minutes); transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 more tablespoon of sesame oil to the skillet and bring the heat back up. Add the chicken and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Drain fat, if needed. Add the minced garlic, stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms back into the skillet and sprinkle in the basil leaves; stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a small mason jar or mixing bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, cornstarch, and sriracha; shake or whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce over the chicken mixture and stir to coat evenly; cook until heated through and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spoon into the leaves of butter lettuce (or scoop over bowls of rice). Top with sliced green onions.